Jurong Bird Park?is famously known as Asia’s Largest Bird Park. It is even listed as one of the ‘must-visit’ attractions when you are in Singapore. But is it a ‘must-visit’ attraction for you??
I don’t know about you, but if you’re a bird lover, I’m sure you will definitely love this place! We visited the?Jurong Bird Park, the home to a vast variety of birds, from all over the world, living on land or sea!
? Since you’re thinking if this bird park is for you, let us share with you all the fun you can get out of here, and the?top tips?to help you enjoy the best bird park experience!
The Bird Lovers’ Paradise
Now, let us show you some of the highlights at the Bird Park! Bird Lovers, are you ready? The Jurong Bird Park is indeed a paradise for bird lovers. Valerie is one of them too, and she loves Penguin the most! The?Penguin?Coast?is where you will find all the chubby penguins wading around.
The Penguin Coast, mimicking an Antartica-like icy environment, houses close to 100 penguins across 6 different species.
And what can they do there? Of course, they do what they are best at doing:?Swimming!
Other than just watching the penguins, you will learn about the fun facts of penguins! Have you ever wondered if penguins get cold feet?
And have you wondered how big is the?Emperor Penguin, the largest species of penguin in the world?
If you are a penguin lover like Valerie, do stay in this enclosure and observe the way penguins interact with each other! Next is the?Jungle Jewels, where you will find ‘feathered jewels’ from rainforests of Central and South America.
There are four free-flight aviaries and this is just one of them! You will be able to see the jewels of South America’s rainforest welcoming you as you walk into this aviary. Be sure to get an up-close and personal experience of beautiful birds feeding on their favourite food, just take a look at this?Sun Conure?below!
After which we head to the?Flamingo Lake!
Jurong Bird Park adopts an open concept with hundreds of flamingos hang out in one of the most attractive surroundings in the park. Look at their long ‘chopsticks’ legs!
Love them? You’ll find them at the Bird Show, which is the top attraction of the Bird Park! No one shall not miss it when they’re there! We had so much catching the?Birds & Buddies show?at the Pools Amphitheatre!
It was an eyeopener for us as we were wowed by the birds’ intelligence, beauty and grace all pack into one! Macaws, hornbills, pelicans and other birds brought together a stunning visual show on hot afternoon. We were greeted by a march from the flamingos and you will be amazed at how they can be trained to follow instructions!
What’s best about this show is that, you, the audience, can get close to the birds! Now, bird lovers, there’s your chance! The?toucans?are ready to fly over!
Simply volunteer yourself and you may just be the lucky audience to feed the toucans! Their big and long orange beaks will feed on the food on your hands!
And not forgetting the flying stunts by the?macaws! At the end of the show you will be able to take close up shots of the colorful macaws too!
There were other birds too! Like the?pelicans!
And how can we forget the biggest bird in the world, the?Ostrich!
Opps! So sorry we leave you with pictures of their backs only 😛
How to get there?
Public Transport: From Boon Lay MRT Station Alight at Boon Lay station (EW27) and take bus service 194 or 251 from the bus interchange.
Taxi: From any location in Singapore, you can take a taxi to the Jurong Bird Park. Taxi fare depends on the distance and period of the day.
Singapore Attractions Express: The Singapore Attractions Express Bus provide trips to and fro the Jurong Bird Park. Single-trip adult ticket ($4.50) and child ($2) brings you to the Bird Park from various location in Singapore.
Check out all the pick up times and location of the?Singapore Attractions Express here! Specific directions??Click here?to find out how you can get to Jurong Bird Park from anywhere in Singapore!
Opening Hours & Tickets
8.30am to 6.00pm daily (Last ticket sale at 5.30pm)
Child?(3 to 12 years old):?S$12.00
Child?(3 years old and below):?Free
Bird Show Times
Bird shows are a must when you’re at the bird park. You must not miss it! Grab a brochure at the entrance and mark out the time and location of the performance.
All shows are weather permitting. If you are planning to go for any shows, do reach?15 minutes?before the show time!
Remember, don’t just sit in the show. Participate as much as you can! Also, there are various feeding times where you may also get the chance to feed the birds yourself!
Tips to enjoy Jurong Bird Park
1. Get special ticket packages If you are a lover of animals and nature, you can consider buying the Park Hopper Specials, which gives you 3-in-1 combined ticket entry to The Singapore Zoo, Night Safari and Jurong Bird Park. This will help you to save lots of money!
2. Mosquitoes! Do bring along an insect repellent to keep them at bay!
3. Take your time Take time to observe and enjoy different types of birds. It will be great if you have more than half a day to enjoy the various activities that the Bird Park has planned for you.
4. Beat the heat Do have enough water with you when you go to the bird park! If you run out of water, there are water points around the Bird Park or you can purchase them at the different outlets in the bird park too!
5. Hop onto the tram! Walking may be tiring especially under the hot and humid weather like Singapore. Simply pay and hop onto the tram and it can bring you around the Jurong Bird Park. There are 3 tram stations around the bird park so you can hop off to explore the area and hop back onto the tram to go to the next station.
6. Beat the rain! As most parts of the bird park is not sheltered, do bring along an umbrella or a poncho when it rains unexpectedly!
Yay or Nay?
Why you might love Jurong Bird Park:
- Trams will bring you around the park if you do not want to walk
- A large variety species of birds
- In jungle jewels, you get the chance of being up close with birds flying around you
- You can feed the birds!
- Great place for family outings
- Interactive and entertaining bird shows
Why you might not love Jurong Bird Park:
- Can be very crowded on weekends
- You have to pay $5 for the tram ride which brings you around the bird park. it is only necessary if you have young children
- Some places are smelly (you will know where the smell comes from…)
- Not all birds are free to fly around. Some are caged.
What Say You?
We had fun at the Jurong Bird Park with the birds! Will you be there too? Share with us your trip to the bird park, and all the fun moments with the birds too!
Return from Jurong Bird Park to Singapore Nature
Return to Travel Yourself Today Home