What can you find at Singapore most famous river today?
Singapore River used to be a small trading port where merchants came in boats to trade their goods with fellow businessmen. Today, you can’t find these merchants, the warehouses, or the boats of goods.
So what can you find today?
Take a tour around Singapore River and you’ll find out! This iconic River tells of many stories of how Singapore went from just a trading port to a global financial hub!
Not only will you find historical monuments or landmarks, but attractions and entertainment outlets too!
One of the busiest trading port along the River in the early days, Boat quay is one of the most popular tourist attractions today! So what will you find at Boat Quay?
Clarke Quay used to be where the warehouses of merchants were located. Today? It’s one of the most happening night town in Singapore! What’s there at Clarke Quay today?
As you can see on the map, Singapore River covers a huge area of attractions, consisting of the three quays – Robertson Quay, Clarke Quay and Boat Quay.
So where can you start your tour?
Boat Quay: Alight at Raffles Place MRT Station
Take the MRT and alight at Raffles Place Station. Take Exit G, and you will find yourself beginning your tour at Boat Quay!
Clarke Quay: Alight at Clarke Quay MRT Station
Take the MRT and alight at Raffles Place Station. Take Exit E, and you will find yourself beginning your tour at Clarke Quay!
1. As it will be a walking tour, do wear good shoes!
2. Sun may be strong during the day. Do take a rest at one of the cafes along the River before continuing your tour.
3. Hop onto the Singapore River Cruise! You wouldn’t want to walk till you drop. Let the cruise complete your tour.
4. Camera! Lots of sightseeing to be guaranteed. Be prepared!
5. Visit Boat Quay and Clarke Quay at night too. It’s a totally different experience!
6. You don’t have to complete your tour in a day. Give yourself enough time to enjoy every attraction!
7. Use a map to help you get around. Don’t have one? You can grab one at Clarke Quay MRT station!